Spring 2016 is a VERY busy semester with everything that is happening. Here are dates that I hear about that you might want to know about.
- February 16: PRSSA Guest Speaker: Erik Qualman, Author of “Socialnomics” and many other books, videos and international keynote speaker. He will be Skyping into the Olivet PRSSA meeting. More about Erik: https://equalman.com/meet-erik/. (Weber 306, 6 p.m.)
- February 23: PRSSA Workshop: LinkedIn for Success (Weber 306, 6 p.m.)
- February 26: Olivet PRSSA students have been invited to DePaul University for a full day professional development and networking event with professionals across Chicago. (Chicago, IL; All Day event)
- March 1: COMM 331: PR Writing Guest Speaker: Brian Basilico, Author of “It’s Not About You, It’s About Bacon: Relationship Marketing in a Social Media World”. (Weber 002, 10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.)
- March 1: Kankakee County Chamber of Commerce Lunch and Learn with Brian Basilico (Weber Leadership Center, Cost involved, register through the chamber)
- March 1: PRSSA Guest Speaker: Brian Basilico, Author of “It’s Not About You, It’s About Bacon: Relationship Marketing in a Social Media World”. Brian will be on campus all day and will conclude with PRSSA Tuesday evening. (Weber 306, 6 p.m.)
- March 2: Central Illinois PRSA quarterly meeting and dinner in Bloomington, IL. Topic: There’s Good Days and Bad Days: How social media and web analytics are used by a larger public university to inform reputation management strategies and tactics. Cost: $30 for members and students. (Bloomington, IL at 6 p.m.)
- March 7 – 11: Olivet Spring Break!
- March 15: PRSSA Workshop: Networking for Success. (Weber 306, 6 p.m.)
- March 17: Green with Networking Envy, co-sponsored networking event produced by the Kankakee County Chamber of Commerce, Young Professionals Network, Olivet PRSSA and Inspired Strategies Agency. Free for students and professionals. Learn more: https://www.facebook.com/events/1669991499955091/. (Olivet Nazarene University Warming House, 4 – 6 p.m.)
- March 18 – 19: PRSSA Regional Conference in Detroit, MI. A group of PRSSA students are heading to Detroit for the PRSSA National regional conference. There is a cost to this event. Please see PRSSA leadership for more information. (Detroit, MI; All Weekend Event)
- March 22: PRSSA board will host an information session about executive leadership opportunities and board positions for the 2016 – 2017 school year. The round table will take place during the general meeting and all students are invited to hear what the board does and consider running for a board position for the following year. Get involved! (Weber 306, 6 p.m.)
- March 29: PRSSA Meeting – Topic TBA (Weber 306, 6 p.m.)
- March 31: Prof K speaking at the Illinois Chamber of Commerce seminar: Utilizing Smart Social Media Marketing. (Downtown Chicago from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- April 5: PRSSA Meeting – Topic TBA (Weber 306, 6 p.m.)
- April 7/8: @MIDWEST Social Media Conference in Bloomington, IL. Prof K and 2 students will be presenting during this conference. Topic: What do businesses need to do with social media in order to cater to the rapidly changing social media usage trends of Generation Z. (Bloomington, IL; conference is 2 days but Olivet group speaking only one day – TBA)
- April 12: PRSSA Meeting – Executive Board Elections for 2016 – 2017 (Weber 306, 6 p.m.)
- April 19: PRSSA Meeting – Topic TBA (Weber 306, 6 p.m.)
- April 26: PRSSA Social as the final meeting of the year, passing of the “gavel” to the new board officially and awards! (Location TBA, 6 p.m.)
- April 27: Communication Department Senior Speeches. 12 students will present their senior speeches. (Location TBA, 6 p.m.)
- May 7, 2016: Olivet Graduation!
- Summer school?
- Summer school over!
- Relax and enjoy!
- School is back this month! Can’t wait to see you!